Today, we’re excited to share three empowering exercises aimed at strengthening your quads and core, specifically designed to make getting up off the floor a breeze. Whether you’re looking to improve mobility, enhance balance, or simply add a new dimension to your routine, these moves have got you covered.
Exercise Routine: Getting Up with Ease
- Squats (Nice and Slow): Start with 20 deliberate squats to engage your quads and core. Take your time, focusing on form and control. Oxycise! inhale on the way down, and exhale powerfully on the way up.
- Staggered Squats (Balancing Act): Enhance your balance while strengthening your quads with 20 staggered squats. Feel free to use a chair for support if needed, and remember to breathe.
- Knee Down-Ups (Gentle and Effective): Place a mat for comfort and perform 10 knee down-ups, targeting your core and supporting your mobility. Use a chair for support if needed.
- Begin in a standing position with feet shoulder width apart and sink into a little squat, keeping your core tight and chest upright.
- Step back with your right foot and drop down to a lunge, so that your knee is resting on the floor.
- Bring your left foot back so you are now kneeling with both knees on the ground. Keep your chest up and back flat in this position.
- Raise your right knee and plant your foot in front of you.
- Pushing through your planted foot, raise your left knee and plant your foot in front of you, bringing you back to the little squat. This completes one repetition.
Stay fit and healthy!