Quick: think of three things that make you feel anxious or...
Tip #1: Get the best results with powerful breathing!
- First and foremost – powerful breathing will give you the best results! Don’t let your enthusiasm wane near the end of the workout.
- When you breathe in and out deeply, do NOT move your shoulders up and down. Instead you should feel the “action” happening mostly just below your rib cage.
- If you place your hands on your sides, just below your ribs, you should feel your girth EXPAND as you inhale, and then tighten and decrease as you exhale.
- Make sure you RELAX your abdominal muscles (very important!) when you inhale. You MUST relax your abdomen in order to breathe in deeply and fully. Allow your tummy to expand freely as the air fills your lungs, but don’t “push” it out forcefully.
- It may be easier to relax your abdominal muscles if you will ALSO relax any other muscles that you are tightening (arms, legs, etc) as you do the body positions. (go ahead and stay in whatever position you are doing for all four breaths, but “ease up” on the muscle tightness as you inhale.)
- “Lift” and tighten your abdominal muscles AFTER the inhale, as you do the 3 extra sniffs. This tightening is the same kind of muscular contraction that your abs will do automatically when you cough or sneeze — but in the case of Oxycise! we ask you to practice HOLDING that contraction throughout the 3 sniffs, exhale, and 3 puffs. (The more you practice, the better you will get!)
- Then, on top of that abdominal tightening, we ask you to add a “scoop” with your lower abdominal muscles –pull IN your muscles as if you are trying to zip up a tight pair of jeans.
- Remember to re-tighten (re-flex) the muscles in your legs, arms, buns, etc. on each breath when you do the “Lift.”
- Try to take in as much air as possible on your inhale, THEN do 3 extra sniffs. (Even if they’re little “wimpy” sniffs… it’s the abdominal contraction that counts more than the amount of air here.)
- Try to exhale as much air as possible, THEN do the 3 extra puffs. (Even if they are very “wimpy” little puffs… really feel your abs working!)
- Try to keep your face, neck and head relaxed — at all times — even though you are working other parts of your body. Do not clench your teeth tightly as you smile. (This will help you avoid unnecessary tension and headaches.)
Click here for more weight loss tips from JillWeight Loss Tips
After 20 years of hell, I can actually see a light at the end of the longest, darkest tunnel anyone can imagine
Jill, if they could canonize a person for making people healthy, happy, and hopeful, then you get my vote. I have spent many long hours crying myself to sleep, begging for a miracle by the morning. Nothing ever happened until you came into my life. Both my husband and son can’t believe the difference. Please accept my sincerest and deepest thanks for making a miracle happen.
I felt like I would never be comfortable with my body again
I now am wearing a size 8, and have a goal of a healthy size 6. I feel great, and every time I Oxycise I feel so much energy afterwards, and it immediately boosts my mood. My skin feels firmer, my cellulite has faded, and my tummy muscles are stronger than they were before my c-section. I am so grateful for this system.
Immediately after I started Oxycise! I got my joy for living back
Not only did I lose the 20 lbs which I had gained over the past 10 years (in a hurry 2 – 3 months) but for me the biggest benefit is the increased energy and joy for living that I feel when I do the program faithfully (4 – 5 times a week). The last year has shown me how to take control not only of my weight and energy level but also my feelings of well-being.
I love life again, and I can’t remember being so in love with life as I am now
I have been using Oxycise! for seven weeks and to date, have lost 11 pounds and 10 ¼ inches! I have tried conventional aerobic exercise and dieting, and got absolutely nowhere…but the benefits haven’t stopped at weight loss…I simply don’t recall a time in my life where I felt this good, for this long…and I was one of those people that would literally wake up in the morning, wishing the day would end.
I can honestly say my body is better than it has ever been
I think the most exciting thing is that I feel like I’m 16. I would not have ever believed that I could breath and stretch and totally change the shape of my body. My skin seems tighter all over and my complexion is rosy. The breathing and the exercises are so powerful it hard to explain to people. Even my husband can’t believe the change. He has had friends ask him if I had been lipoed.
In two years of Oxycising, I have dropped 40 pounds
My strength, stamina, endurance, and lung capacity have increased enormously, not to mention my confidence and self-esteem. Climbing stairs and walking up hills are no longer exercises in futility; I can take both quite easily and do so more than ever before. My clothes fit like they are supposed to; my outlook on life is considerably more upbeat and positive; plus, I’m in the best shape (mentally and physically) I’ve ever been–even my doctor is impressed.
I was very skeptical
“I decided not to do any other exercises so I could see how your plan worked. Because I felt if this worked I could do this anywhere any time. SURPRISINGLY after just one week I lost 1 inch off my chest, 2 inches off my waist 1 inch off my hips, and 2 inches off my thighs. And I lost 2 lbs. That’s 6 inches in one week. I was blown away. How could something so easy work like this.”
If my enthusiasm encourages anyone to try or stick with Oxycise!, I will be happy
If there were an award for the greatest contribution in physical fitness programs, Jill would win the prize. You have designed a program that EVERYONE can do regardless of their fitness level. You teach us the importance of breathing, and how to breathe. You teach us the positions that will strengthen our muscles and keep our joints flexible.
I wanted something I could do in the comfort of my home without having to join a gym…I have found it!
Since starting Oxycise! I have lost 10 pounds and 11 inches…Plus, I have had a ton of other benefits. My skin is brighter, my eyes are brighter, I have a lot more energy, and I feel so much thinner! I actually see muscles for the first time since high school. (I was on the swim team in high school and swam or worked with weights every day.) It’s hard to believe that I have only lost 10 pounds…it feels like so much more! 🙂
I lost 26″ and 34 pounds
I now wear a size 5 or 7. Wow, I feel like a new person. Oxycise! has done wonders for me. I have so much more energy, more stamina, I sleep better and deeper. I have just a general sense of well being that wasn’t there before. It has changed my life for the better.
I figured I was just going to have to accept the fact that my body was aging
I have been doing Oxycise! 6 days a week and I LOVE it! It’s just so easy and convenient. My legs and calves and arms feel much tighter and more toned. The ‘jiggle’ in my buttocks has tightened. My waist is smaller. My skin is clearer now. I have even noticed that the whites of my eyes look whiter. I feel more healthy now than I have ever felt with ANY exercise I have done in the past.
Amazingly my weight has gone from 410 pounds to 200
At first I was skeptical, but I wanted to do something-anything-to lose the weight. I’m so grateful that I decided to order Oxycise! Level 1. I was able to burn off the excess fat right away and didn’t even break a sweat! The deep-breathing technique you have developed is so effective, so amazing. Not only has it helped me to lose weight…
What Oxycise! has done to my life, you can’t put a price tag on
“This Oxycise! system has so many advantages. I didn’t need any fancy (expensive) equipment, I didn’t have to pay big bucks to belong to an organization, I didn’t have to buy any re-order portions, I didn’t have to deprive myself of delicious foods, and I didn’t have to leave home in bad weather to have a complete health-conscious workout. See, there is no excuse today not to look good. Anyone can be healthier and feel great about themselves if they only CHOOSE to make a commitment and invest the time in themselves.”
I was depressed and desperate about my weight
…and had given up on any social life at college. I sought out your program and did everything you said. Within three months I lost a total of 40 pounds and 6 inches from my waist! I’ve maintained that for nearly a year without a lot of effort and can fit in pants I wore in 10th grade. In fact, a pair of shorts that I couldn’t even pull up over my hips are now baggy!
I am free of the diet shackles and the guilt ridden meals
I have lost 11 inches and 4 pounds, I lost 5 inches the first week! I feel better about myself because I don’t feel like such a failure anymore. I used to run every day and I would get on the scale and it went nowhere and I felt helpless… I am free to look to the future with happiness rather than dread.
If I feel this good at 75 then anyone can do it and succeed
Much to my surprise I started and I felt a lot better after the first week. My breathing was good and my energy level was on the rise. In fact I fired the lawn man and am now doing all of the yard work and singing again in Church, and the breath is good. I have so many rewards for doing your program I can’t believe them all. …I have lost 50+ pounds, 6 sizes, and have the energy of being about 20 years younger.