New Year Strategy
Every year on January 1st, millions of people resolve to lose weight. And most of them make the SAME resolution year after year. Why is losing weight so difficult?
Excess weight happens when calorie intake exceeds the number of calories burned. So losing weight should be a simple matter of using up more calories by exercising or taking in fewer calories by eating less, right? In theory, yes.
But the reality of trying to lose weight is much more difficult and complicated, and can involve many separate factors. Childhood experiences, environment, genetics, activity level, eating habits, psychological issues, behaviors and attitudes can all play a part in helping someone become overweight. So a successful solution to a person’s own weight problem needs to address all the factors that have brought them to where they are now, and must be tailored to their individual needs. This means that you are the person best qualified to analyze the events and choices and feelings from your past that have resulted in your current weight problem.
You might consider asking yourself questions such as these:
- What things have contributed to my weight problem?
- What is the most powerful motivator in my desire to change?
- What things in life are most important to me?
- Am I willing to make the necessary changes in order to achieve my goal?
- Do I eat in response to emotional needs, boredom, or stress?
- Could I be taking in a lot more calories than I realize?
- What are some things I could do that would help me reach my goals?
- What activities do I most enjoy doing?
- What kind of exercise routine would be most enjoyable?
- How much time am I willing to devote to exercise each day?
- How would losing weight change my life? (positive ways? negative ways?)
- What are my greatest challenges? Fears?
- Where can I find support and encouragement? (friends, family, online forum?)
- What positive change can I make this week to help me reach my goals?
You are your own best solution to weight loss success, because you can discover by experience the strategies that work best for you. Try to think of previous weight loss attempts as learning experiences and not failures. Determination and positive attitude are essential “ingredients” for success!
The Oxycise! program can play a vital part in helping you achieve gradual, steady, and permanent weight loss. It has helped hundreds of people achieve and maintain their weight loss goals!
Oxycise! provides a gentle, yet effective way to increase calorie burn, flexibility and muscle tone without impact to joints, without leaving home, and without having to invest lots of time and money.
Make Oxycise! part of your New Year’s resolution for a happier, healthier 2017!